Garnier x TerraCycle® partnership
TerraCycle® is a global leading recycling company specializing in typically non-recyclable waste.
TerraCycle and Garnier have partnered to create a free recycling programme for any brand of skincare product packaging.
Sign up to the Garnier Green Beauty Recycling Programme here.
How it works
- Create a free TerraCycle account online and join the Garnier Green Beauty Recycling Programme
- Collect your empty skincare product packaging in any cardboard box
- When you have collected up a few months of waste and you’re ready to send a shipment, download a shipping label from your TerraCycle account by clicking ‘Request a postage label’ and follow the prompts
- Print out your label and tape it securely onto the box, before dropping it off at your nearest post office.
Accepted waste: Any brand of skincare product packaging listed below:
- Glass or plastic tubes, tubs, bottles, lids, droppers, jars and pumps
- Flexible plastic skin care packaging
- Packaging still containing product
- Skincare tools and makeup brushes
- Make-up wipes and sheet masks
- Any hazardous or dangerous goods
- Cardboard external packaging (place in kerbside recycling)
Best practices for recycling
Please ensure your packaging is empty and does not contain any excess product before sending it to us for recycling.
What happens to the waste
Once collected, the skincare product packaging is sorted, cleaned and melted into pellets that can be remoulded to make new recycled products. Click here for more information about our recycling process.
To recycle your Garnier hair care, hair colour packaging, please join the Schwarzkopf Recycling Program here: