L’Oreal’s ambition is to be an exemplary corporate citizen. To help make the world a more beautiful place. We place great value on honesty and clarity and we are committed to building strong and lasting relationships with our customers based on trust and mutual benefit. In line with this philosophy, safeguarding your privacy is essential to us and we are willing to inform you through this Privacy Statement on the way we collect and process your personal data.
This website is owned and run by L’Oréal Australia Pty Limited (“L’Oréal”). L’Oréal is subject to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). L’Oréal is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We believe that the best way to protect the privacy of users of our website (the "Website") is to tell you what information we gather and ensure that you understand and consent to our use of such information.
Unless an express consent is required by the data privacy laws of your country, by using this Media (as defined below), you consent to (i) the collection and use of your personal information by us as described in this Privacy Statement; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of your country (including in countries outside of the European Union).
WHAT DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY TO?
This Privacy Statement applies to all the websites, applications, online games/sweepstakes and any other online initiatives that are owned by a company of the L’Oreal Group and that collect personal data ("Media"). Thus, this Privacy Statement does not apply to third party websites, including those that may be mentioned or referred to on our Media via a link.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
With your prior consent, we may collect and process all or part of the following information when you are using our Media:
• Data that you provide when (i) filling in forms, (ii) uploading information, (iii) subscribing to online services (ex: applications and social network pages) or (iv) when addressing us correspondences:
- first name and name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- postal address;
- age/date of birth;
- information about your perception of our products;
- any specific request you would address us (mainly for record purposes);
- photos or videos of you that you would like to share.
• We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and statistical purposes.
DO WE COLLECT YOUR IP ADDRESS AND COOKIES?
We may collect your IP address and your browser type for system administration and/or statistical purposes and without identifying any other individual information.
Depending upon the media in question, we install Cookies, in particular, in order to:
• identify you when you return to our media and in particular in order to get to know you better and to offer you a personalized browsing experience;
• ensure safe browsing and in particular to fight against fraud;
• offer content related to your likely interests, including advertisements; and
• propose marketing offers that take account of your preferences and your recent purchases.
Third-party cookies may be installed on your device and are aimed at personalizing and/or improving the content (including the advertisements) which may be offered to you during navigation.
Depending upon the media, several third-party cookies are capable of being installed, in particular:
• Social Network Content: we may include on our site embedded content from social networks. When you consult such embedded content included on our media, a cookie from the corresponding social network may be installed on your device. Please consult the cookie management policy of the social network at the relevant site.
• We may install our cookies via collaborating third-party media which display advertisements for our brands and products. These cookies are principally aimed at offering you content adapted to your likely interests and measuring consultation of our content (including advertisements).
Web browsers are usually set by default to accept cookies but you may easily change this by modifying the settings of your browser. However, please note that should you choose to disable cookies, you may be unable to use parts of our Media.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We will not disclose personal information received from you via the Website to third parties except:
• where third parties appointed by L’Oréal (for example, our advertising and marketing agencies) require access to personal information in order to perform services for L’Oréal;
• where L’Oréal is required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement agencies;
• with your consent; or
• where otherwise consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other applicable law.
We principally use your data to keep connected with you especially by regularly sending you news and information on our products, our brands, our initiatives and/or our Media.
We also use your information to improve your digital experience with us: understanding your interests in our Media and its contents, , validating your enrolments to our initiatives, , ensuring that our Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If you identify any mistakes in the data or if you find it incomplete or equivocal, you may also require from us that we correct it, complete it or clarify it.
Finally, you may require us to erase any data we have concerning you. However please note that we may keep records of your data for archiving purposes (especially when required by law).
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
Other than as set out in this Privacy Statement or unless we have your prior consent, we do not share your information with people outside of the L’Oreal Australia or service providers (for example our web agencies who manage on our behalf some online initiatives).
Please note that we strictly require our service providers to use your data solely to operate the services we ask them to perform. We also ask these business partners to always act in compliance with applicable privacy laws and to pay high attention to the confidentiality of your data.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Your information is stored in our databases accessible only by our employees and our service providers.
In some cases, and mainly for technical reasons, those databases may be stored on servers located outside of the country from which you originally entered the data. In this case, and if there is a risk that countries to which your information are transferred are not subject to a data protection regime as rigorous as the one explained in this Privacy Statement, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated in line with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
IS YOUR DATA KEPT SECURE?
We aim at always keeping your data safe and secure as possible. In this perspective we deploy multiple security technologies in order to prevent as much as possible any alteration, loss or unauthorized access to your data.